Deuterium-Nebel

rainer
Vizeadmiral
Vizeadmiral
phpbb forum styles

Deuterium-Nebel

Beitrag von rainer »

Paul hatte folgende Idee, die Mangelware Deuterium aus Deuterium-Nebeln http://birth-of-the-empires.de/wiki/ind ... _Nebula.29 abzubauen. Ich denke, die Idee haben wir schon mehrfach diskutiert, sie wird auch immer wieder kommen...

Nachdem der Nebel nur Nachteile hat, wäre ein Vorteil auch ganz schön

Puste hatte im internen Forum http://forum.birth-of-the-empires.de/vi ... 711#p20711 mal geschrieben:
Sir Pustekuchen hat geschrieben: Der Abbau von Deuterium ist noch nicht vorgesehen. Aber wäre möglich den zu implementieren. Ich will es da nicht zu kompliziert machen. Also braucht man da spezielle Abbauschiffe, reichen Transportschiffe? Wenns mit Transportschiffen gehen sollte, dann müssten die einfach nur dort auf diesem Feld "geparkt" werden und die Ressourcen kommen automatisch ins stellare Lager?
pauluk (BOTE-51) hat geschrieben:Hi guys,
As the game has several different nebulas, I had an idea for the Deuterium Nebula:

Any ship remaining in a deuterium nebula for at least 1 previous turn, automatically collects some deuterium.

Here is a basic code example:

IF ship location was in any deuterium nebula at start of turn,
AND IF ship current location = in any deuterium nebula,
AND IF ship cargo space = = full (not full)
THEN add or increase deuterium cargo by "x" deuterium and decrease remaining cargo space by "x"

(global game option could be to "Turn on / Turn off automatic deuterium nebular collection")

x could be 10 units of Deuterium per ship, (or 10 units per ship X ship Class),
(eg 1 ship of Class I = collects 10 units..... 1 ship of Class II = collects 20 units)

Ion Storm nebulas already give an increase of 3% to shields per turn in the game, so i think that adding a bonus feature for Deuterium Nebulas will also be good.

Also, maybe some of the Ion Storm code could be re-used to add the Deuterium Nebula code more easily?

It would add more strategy i think, because the bonuses of keeping your ship fleets in a Deuterium nebula, would also be risky, (because your ships are at one main location, and can not defend your other systems as effectively).
Also, the nebula affects shields and scanners, so it will harder to detect incoming or raiding fleets, unless you set up Scout ships on the perimiter :)

The players can also send "spare ships" to gather Deuterium, and over several turns might be able to sell some on the trading market to recover some credits (while having an increased Ship Upkeep maintenance cost because they have more ships)

To me, the idea sounded like fun, and logical, but what do you guys think, and is it easy enough to add to the code? :)

Bild
Dennis0078
Vizeadmiral
Vizeadmiral

Re: Deuterium-Nebel

Beitrag von Dennis0078 »

hmm ..das von paul habe ich jetzt nicht gelesen ...

Ich würde es ganz gut finden, wenn der Laderaum des Schiffes sich langsam mit Deuterium füllen würde.
Könnte dann auf alle Schiffe mit Laderaum zutreffen.
Vielleicht so ähnlich wie Ionen-Sturm jede Runde ein paar %

Wie kommt sonst das Deuterium ins Stellare Lager?
Zuletzt geändert von Dennis0078 am Sonntag 17. November 2013, 16:17, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
rainer
Vizeadmiral
Vizeadmiral

Beitrag von rainer »

den Gedanken mit allen Schiffen hatte ich auch schon, ist aber nicht weltbewegend, ob so oder so

mir reicht es, wenn das Deuterium im Schiffslagerraum ist...muß dann von Hand "entladen" werden...naja, manuelle Tätigkeiten wollten wir ja vermeiden...

vll. so: wird mit 500 Einheiten beladen und mit 100 Einheiten automatisch ins stellare Lager entladen ... wer den Ertrag steigern will (500 ins Stellare Lager), muß Hand anlegen (bin gedanklich von 2500 Schiffslagerraum=Transporter ausgegangen)
Dennis0078
Vizeadmiral
Vizeadmiral

Beitrag von Dennis0078 »

man könnte das auch so machen, das bei Außenposten ,die sich im Nebel befinden, die % direkt ins Stellare Lager gehen.
Eine Sternenbasis könnte dann vielleicht mehr abbauen. Muss man nur sehen das die Gebühr im Stellaren Lager das nicht gleich wieder verheizt.

Mit Transportschiffe im System entladen, würde sich der Aufwand wohl erst bei mehren Schiffen lohnen. Gedanke an die Möglichkeit gefällt mir aber trotzdem ...
rainer
Vizeadmiral
Vizeadmiral

Beitrag von rainer »

..und mir gefällt der Gedanke, dass Stationen den Abbau übernehmen, besonders gut (inkl. automatisch ins Stellare Lager)

...wenn da nur nicht dieser Ausfall der Schilde wäre, könnte man da eine nette Abbau-Station reinbauen (könnte man ja trotzdem)
Anonymissimus
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von Anonymissimus »

Automatisch ins stellare Lager finde ich großen Mist, denn dann hätte man jede Runde die nervige "Es befinden sich Ressourcen im stellaren Lager" Meldung und muss sich da drum kümmern. Wenn dann mit Transen, die einige Runden dort geparkt werden, analog zu "Schilde verbessern im Ionensturm".

Ich bekämpfe gnadenlos alles, was zusätzliches Mikromanagement verursacht, jawoll.
Thromder
Offizier
Offizier

Beitrag von Thromder »

Vorschlag:
optional einstellbar
- Transporter wird beladen
oder
- dem Transporter wird eine Ressourcenroute "erlaubt" (falls das zu machen geht, vielleicht noch durch maximale Entfernung begrenzt)

Weiß jetzt leider nicht, ob die Ressourcenrouten in beide Richtungen funktionieren oder nur in eine. Vielleicht wäre das dann von einem System aus auf den Deuterium-Sammler zu legen möglich.
Darkness
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von Darkness »

Sinnvoll scheint mir die Implementierung solch einer Abbau Option erst wenn es im Spiel automatische Routen und Be-/Entladung von Schiffen gibt. Wer will schon manuell mit den Schiffen in den 15 Nebeln hantieren die man zum Abbau von Deut nutzen kann.

Von Transfer ins Stellare Lager halte ich auch nix, aus den selben Gründen wie Anonymissimus.
pauluk
Senior Kadett
Senior Kadett

Beitrag von pauluk »

hallo,
maybe to keep the new feature easy to use, we could have the dueterium automatically appear in the system which is having the Deuterium Distribution Facility.

- Deuterium Collection only possible if you have the Deuterium Distribution Facility built and operational with energy.
- Deuterium collection depends on how much cargo space your ships in the deuterium nebular have.
- The amount arriving in the Deuterium Distribution Facility system, is automatically reduced a little bit, (-15% of everything collected)

This would add a cool feature of collecting from the Deuterium nebulas, and without adding too much micromanagement, and without adding too many messages in the Event screen and manual clicking to transport each deuterium mineral.

Also, maybe there is an easy way for the game to show a (+) icon near the deuterium Production>Resources screen if we collected dueterium from nebulas, to show a total amount throughout the game.

(some people enjoy micromanagement, but i think they would be happy with the above idea) - how does this sound? :)
Anonymissimus
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Superfluos, somehow. O class planets often get high deuterium boni, if the distributor is built in one of those systems you get enough deuterium. Monopolies also double the amount you produce of that resource.
pauluk
Senior Kadett
Senior Kadett

Beitrag von pauluk »

hi anonymissimus
thanks for the reply, and sorry for delay...

i actually find it hard to keep the dueterium flowing, and of the 37 systems my terrans control:
only 7 have an O-class planet with deuterium bonuses (from 25% to 75%)
+ only a couple of m-class planets having dueterium

each big ship (currently) takes about 7k dueterium to build, and i have to build ships quickly because those pesky Khaorons keep declaring war :)
also, (as far as i understand it), to get a monopoly, you need to have enough credits to buy it, but also you need to have made contact with more major races first.

In my Classic (30x20) game, almost all of the map has been explored, and there are only 3 Deuterium nebulas.
(1 near my Terrans & Heyoun sectors)
(1 near the Terrans and Rotharian)
(and 1 in the middle of sectors controlled by me, the Heyoun and the Omegans - just like the border of the Neutral Zone) :)

if i had been able to harvest spare dueterium (and gain some control in one) throughout the game, i think it would help.

(If it is easy to code, i think it will be a nice (optional) addition to the game, and give players some more satisfaction, and im happy to try and help with some more psuedo code for it if it helps?)
rainer
Vizeadmiral
Vizeadmiral

Beitrag von rainer »

Hello Paul, I'm always prying to savegame-files to have an own look e.g. to your deuterium systems and their production.

Yes, it's true that Deuterium is one of the resources which is always to rare ... that's hard for the gamer, but it's nothing wrong with that - it's a challenge :twisted:

if you have a deuterium shortage for building ships you have to change torpedo's type...some torpedoes need hugh amounts of Deuterium, others not

Pseudo code only helps if a feature is getting to be implemented, and mostly it's necessary to know general BotE-mechanics before
Anonymissimus
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Well, I actually added it, because I don't need such a lot of useless anomalies.
Send transporters into deterium nebulas and order "deuterium extraction". The amount you get per transporter per turn increases with your techlevel, the special tech "production" and a deuterium monopoly increases it further. It is a lot compared to a single worker in a deuterium mine, but deuterium mines in systems still get boni from planets and moral in addition to that; efficiency decreases with higher techlevels I think. It should be worth to send (eventually build previously) the transporters there, it can be dangerous, and they will be busy, but if they got nothing else to do...
The deuterium is put into the transporter's storage.
rainer
Vizeadmiral
Vizeadmiral

Beitrag von rainer »

that's great and I think, paul will be very happy about that

pauluk
Senior Kadett
Senior Kadett

Beitrag von pauluk »

thanks very much Annonymissimus, and yes Reg i am very happy to hear this :)

i am also looking forward to testing this cool new feature, and here is a nice virtual Romulan ale for you in the meantime :D
Bild
( *This product is not endorsed by the United Federation of Planets)
Antworten

Zurück zu „Galaxies, Nebulas, Suns, Planets“