[Alpha4 v0.62] Meinungen über die Refit Version

Bitte postet hier eure Erfahrungen mit BotE. Speziell Partien aus dem MP-Modus interessieren uns.
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral
phpbb forum styles

Re: Mein Feedback

Beitrag von Malle »

Das ist ein temporäres Phänomen, was sich automatisch mit dem KI-Truppenbau lösen wird. Die KI wird dann Truppen bauen (was sie jetzt überhaupt noch nicht tut, deswegen gibts von ihr auch keine Invasionen), die die Systemmoral in jedem gefährdeten System stabilisieren und dann muss schon mächtig was schieflaufen (totaler Flottenverlust, mehrere Planetensystemverluste) damit ein Totalausfall des Imperiums wie jetzt noch nach jeder verlorenen Großflottenschlacht fast passiert, passiert.
eumelbear
Zivilist
Zivilist

Beitrag von eumelbear »

tach auch!

ach so ist das. na das sind ja gute nachrichten. ist auch gut zu wissen für einen selbst dass das funktioniert. allerdings muss man dann ja irgentwann die truppen wieder weg bekommen, sonst greifen ja die moralboni nicht. aber dem kann man ja mittels transportern im moment abhilfe schaffen.

schönen tach noch!
eumelbear
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral

Beitrag von Malle »

per Transporter kann man Truppen aus dem System verfrachten und in ein anderes bringen (auch ein feindliches ;)).
Orco
Kapitän
Kapitän

Beitrag von Orco »

hm das mit den älteren systemen unwahrscheinlicher zu revoltieren klingt doch ganz vernünftig. Man könnte doch recht leicht ein marker setzten für jedes system das dazukommt. ganz einfacher hochzähler. Und nun könnte man dies in die abspaltung mit einfliessen lassen je niedriger die zahl (also je eher es besiedelt wurde / eingegliedert) umso höher die moral toleranz bis zur abspalltung.
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral

Beitrag von Malle »

Ne Art Akzeptanz für deinen Regierungsstil ähnlich wie die Minorrace Akzeptanz? Wenn wir so ne rundenzählende Zahl hätten, könnten wir auch gleich die allgemeinen Moraleffekte damit manipulieren und brauchen den Faktor nicht in der Abspaltungsformel direkt einzufügen. Je länger das System dabei ist, desto festgefahrener seine Moral, sprich weder nach oben noch nach unten gehen aktuelle Moralmodifikatoren aus was weiß ich welchen Ereignissen so stark ein wie für eine neuangelegte Kolonie. Praktisch ein Moraldämpfer. Allerdings würde der nur funktionieren, wenn die Moral längere Zeit sich in einem gewissen kleinen Intervall bewegt. Die Anfangskolonien würden nach der Überlegung am wahrscheinlich ehesten in eine Moralstarre verfallen und damit unanfälliger gegen Revolte werden, es sei denn sie haben sich auf einem Revolteniveau festgebissen, aber das ist recht selten, weil mit Truppen man ja immerhin auf 100 kommt. Die Idee hat mehrere Effekte, z.B. auch eine "Gewöhnung" an Besatzungstruppen und Gleichbleiben der Moral nach sagen wir 100 Runden Besatzungszeit auch wenn man die Truppen danach abzieht. Durch den Dämpfer gehen die immer noch im Hintergrund vorhandenen -3 Moral pro Runde wegen Besatzung auf -1 oder gar 0 zurück, weil sich die Bevölkerung festgefahren hat.

Längere Zeit in einem kleinen Intervall heißt auf die Runde übersetzt dass man die Differenz der Moralwerte zweier aufeinanderfolgender Runden betrachtet und je kleiner die ist, desto größer wird die Zunahme des Dämpfungsfaktors Sigma, der mit 1 in jedem System initialisiert wird. Also in etwa so: Sigma(n=Rundenzahl)=Sigma(n-1)-0,01+Abs(Min(10,Diff_Moral)/100). Mit diesem Sigma(n) wird der ansonsten normal ausgerechnete neue Moralwert(n+1) malgenommen und das Ergebnis gerundet. Die Min(10,Diff_Moral) sind für Extremfälle wie Systemeroberungen, um den Sigmawert dabei nicht deutlich über 1 schießen zu lassen und somit in der darauffolgenden Runde die Moraleffekte der Truppen stark zu erhöhen und über 100 hinausschießen zu lassen.
plasticpanzers
Junior Kadett
Junior Kadett

My feedback

Beitrag von plasticpanzers »

I think the basic game as is has great potential. I do have some problems with it as is tho:

1_map is too small. major races meet too soon. not enough time to develop your own empire and systems. Map should be at least 50% larger with same number of systems as is now. wonderful trade system is pretty much useless when major races are bombarding your systems! lol!
2_AI is too strong and hostile. declares war too easily. also asks for goods/credits while at war. other major races do not use diplomacy well and are just too aggressive. minor races are quite well done.
3_current simple combat system does not tell you what happened other than end losses. I have lost entire fleets of crusiers and destroyers with no apparent losses to enemy. how am i to calculate chances in combat if i cannot tell what size enemy fleets are? are cloaked vessels too strong in this early stage? what countermeasures are available for the other races against cloaked vessels?
4_appearance of ships is superb. lost tho when combat destroys dozens without knowing how or why.

again i strongly recommend making the map at least 50% larger with no change in number of systems. this will allow
more exploring before the major fighting starts. i look forward to a combat system as well that lets me know what type of combat is occuring and will prevent me from sending fleets to their doom so often as currently i have to send them in blind to enemy strenghs.

excellent job on the game so far. i look forward to seeing it completed!!
Tim (plasticpanzers)
master130686
Kommodore
Kommodore
Re: my feedback

Beitrag von master130686 »

Hi,

thanks for the feedback.

1) Bigger (but also smaller) maps are planned. In the future you'll be able to choose the size of the galaxy - a bit like in BotF, but probably with more sizes. But for now: you'll get used to the size. Maybe you just need to change your tactic.

2) In the main directory of BotE is a file "BotE.ini". There you can change the difficulty (this also works during a game). The possible difficulties are BABY, EASY, NORMAL, HARD and IMPOSSIBLE.

The AI is not really "hostile". It mostly declares war because of at least one of three main factors.

The first two factors are the military and economy. When the AI's military and/or economy is much stronger than yours, it declares war - but mostly it's the military. The same goes for the other way round. So when your military/economy is much stronger than the AI's the AI is much more "willing" to accept or make diplomatic offers.

The third factor is how they feel about you. Even if your military (and even economy) is much stronger, if the AI doesn't like you, they might declare war (not necessarily, but the less they like you and the longer it takes...).

3) You can only see cloaked fleets with your sensors, but, except of very large fleets combined with Starbases, only with planatary sensors. But cloaked vessels are not "that much stronger". They might be stronger when you have a one-on-one fight, but they take longer to build. So it equals pretty much. But the higher the difficulty the faster and cheaper the AI can build ships (and build and upgrade buildings).

If you your enemy lost nearly nothing, than its fleet might have been much bigger and/or stronger than you thought. This effect is much bigger when you fight against Omega's fleets (especially with their >Tech5 ships), because they have shieldpiercing weapons. The best thing to do against Omega is to upgrade your hull as much as possible (if you can and want to afford it).

And if you're not sure about the enemies strenght, you could use the CombatSimulator. There you can see the fight's result. The only problem with this is that the CombatSimulator can only use the ships from the Shiplist.data and not you ingame-modified versions. The good thing about this is that the AI doesn't modify the ships.

In the future you'll have a screen like in BotF, where you can decide to hail, fight or retreat. But I'm not sure when this will be. And in the much more distant future there might even be a 3D fight...
Verfallen wir nicht in den Fehler, bei jedem Andersmeinenden entweder an seinem Verstand oder an seinem guten Willen zu zweifeln. (Otto Fürst von Bismarck)
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral

Re: My feedback

Beitrag von Malle »

thanks.

1. I agree that there is diversity in the way people want to play a map. Some like early confrontations, some long phases of undisturbed build-up. As long as galaxy creation parameters are not available to choose we decided to go more for the first option to get people earlier involved in combat.

2. If the AI is way stronger than you are (also by alliances amongst them) then it declares war pretty soon and often. I recommend to adjust difficulty level then you'll see the AI is using other diplomatic options too ;).

3. Tactical options menu like in botf isn't yet implemented. There are some crude ways to determine the strength of the enemy and the outcome of a particular battle by saving and loading up the game as the AI race and see what he throws into combat in that sector. Then there is a combat simulator to be downloaded in Modifications subforums which tells you about statiscal data for randomly-set battles, for example also of this particular battle you had in the game. Just type all involved ships into the Combatscript.txt file, put the shiplist.data file in the same folder and run the combatsimulator. There you see the exact outcome then even with a graphical display of the battle itself :).

4. All important is having enough (which translates into lots of) scouts in your fleets. Also continuum scanners on planets are vital for your fleets to survive since they tell you who's coming. Cloaking and Stealth tech (stealth is working like cloak but much less effective and every ship has got stealth) are quite useful for surprise attacks if the enemy does not have good scan values in his home sectors.
plasticpanzers
Junior Kadett
Junior Kadett

thank you for the info! clears up alot of questions. i have tried to change the difficulty level but it will not allow me to change it. i am denied access. would love to see the commonweath ship designs in a mod for the Space Empires V game as well. They very much remind me of "Space Crusier Yamato/StarBlazers". i very much look forward to playing this for years!
Tim
master130686
Kommodore
Kommodore

What OS do you have?
Verfallen wir nicht in den Fehler, bei jedem Andersmeinenden entweder an seinem Verstand oder an seinem guten Willen zu zweifeln. (Otto Fürst von Bismarck)
plasticpanzers
Junior Kadett
Junior Kadett

I have Vista. the box opens as Notebook and when i attempt to change and save it i get:
cannot create the C:/programfile......etc
will not allow me to save.

also the voice of the Coalition has gotta be changed! LOL! the kids voice used sounds
like the Bavaian kid cartoon character on the tv show "simpsons"!! LOL! It needs a
deeper adult voice.

thanks!
Tim
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral

Beitrag von Malle »

I attached the changed bote.ini files for you. Seems like write protection is enabled in your Vista. I don't have Vista so I cannot tell you how to change that but it should be found somewhere when right-clicking on the files and go to properties. If you can't overwrite the bote.ini file, copy the new bote.ini into a new folder and install the game the regular way with the installer into this directory. Then select not overwrite during installation and it should work.

yeah, we got a rather funny voice for the Coalition in our first alpha4refit release version. German Patch1 version has a deeper male one. The next english one will have them too ;).
Dateianhänge
BotE.inis.zip
(1.18 KiB) 419-mal heruntergeladen
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral

Beitrag von Malle »

As an example that the AI uses other diplomatic options too, here a screenshot of my latest game with internal dev version. Note the Hanuhr/Heyoun got Kooperation=Cooperation with nearly every other race. The only ones fighting me are the Rotharians right at my upper border.
Dateianhänge
CoP129_8bit.png
CoP129_8bit.png (547.84 KiB) 11756 mal betrachtet
CoP129Coop_8bit.png
CoP129Coop_8bit.png (320.51 KiB) 11754 mal betrachtet
plasticpanzers
Junior Kadett
Junior Kadett

thanks for that info. i used the attachment and now i can change the level of
the games! many thanks! looks like your game is well along and your having
alot of fun!
Tim
master130686
Kommodore
Kommodore

The game is fun, but it's even more fun in multiplayer.
Gesperrt

Zurück zu „Feedback“