English feedback reports

Bitte postet hier eure Erfahrungen mit BotE. Speziell Partien aus dem MP-Modus interessieren uns.
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral
phpbb forum styles

Re: English feedback reports

Beitrag von Malle »

Eigentlich hab ich ihm die 4er gegeben, vll. hat er die Dateien nicht richtig überschrieben..
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral

Beitrag von Malle »

dafedz hat einen Vorschlag geäußert grad eben in ner pm:
dafedz hat geschrieben:-When a sector is clicked, it would be very useful to see a list of ships the sector contains in the lower left hand corner by default, rather than have to click on the ship icons to view the taskforce.
Er meinte auch noch, statt create fleet sollte man deploy ships oder einfach nur group nehmen. hört sich besser an.
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral

Beitrag von Malle »

im staff room hat dafedz weitere Ideen gepostet. Die Sache mit dem "on-hold"-Setzen ist eigentlich gar nicht so übel, könnte nur größere Staus verursachen und müsste jedesmal abgesegnet werden, dass man das auch wirklich will usw..
Sir Pustekuchen
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von Sir Pustekuchen »

Wirklich schönes Feedback. Bin aber kein Freund vom "on-hold" setzen. Ich denke mit den neuen Resourcenrouten gehören die meisten dieser Probleme der Vergangenheit an. Jedenfalls ist es mir beim Probespielen so ergangen. Bei den Strings.txt solltet ihr aber noch nicht so viel verändern, da sich da einige Sachen in der nächsten Version geändert haben. Mit einem einfachen Dateivergleich der Alpha4 und der Alpha4+ Version sollte man die aber schnell finden. Sind vielleicht so um die 10 Stellen.
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral

Beitrag von Malle »

du kannst sie ja wieder unten anhängen, so weiß man gleich wo man suchen muss (und wenn du sie nur auskommentiert doppelt unten reinsetzt, dann kann man die per ctrl-f schnell im Text an der richtigen nicht-auskommentierten Stelle gleich finden).
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral

Beitrag von Malle »

wir haben einen englischen Feedback-Report von einem User von rpgcodex.net:
GarfunkeL hat geschrieben:Okay, gave it a spin for 78 turns so far. Playing with Coalition of Planets, ie humans.

First of all, it's obviously alpha, as there are german text still remaining at some places (ground units!) and some missing text (COLON_MAJOR!.TXT MISSING when colonizing a planet) but there are some slick stuff - I like the female computer voice announcing major events, too bad there are two wholly different voices! One is cool and smooth "new research breakthrough" while the other sounds like my drunken grandmother "we coloooonized a new planeet". Kill her and make the sexy sounding woman record her lines as well.

The interface can be clunky and sometimes unresponsive. For example, in system view, you cannot go straight to another system but you have to jump to galaxy screen, select the new system and then click "system view". Give us a shortcut arrow/key or something please.

The game mechanics I like so far - you can build endless amounts of buildings on a planet but your population limits how many of them you can crowd. This is awesome for it means that your planets just became really, really versatile! Especially when compared to Space Empires or GalCiv planets.

I do NOT like that I cannot design my own ships but I DO like that at least I can modify them but it still leaves me with only one ship-design per design-slot which is really ancient crap from MoO1/2-era times. I want to have the ability to build both anti-fighter destroyers AND missile destroyers at the same time.

Thank you for following the traditional naval route - frigate/destroyer/cruiser/battleship.

I love the real astronomy, taught to players while exploring the planets and the need to first terraform planet before colonizing it is great. The automatic in-system colonizing of suitable planets is also a rational and logical way to eliminate needless micromanagement.

Haven't got into any fights yet so can't comment

All in all, quite a promising start for a 4xgame! I'll keep looking for this gem, that's for sure.

hm, ich hab die englische Version schon mehrmals gespielt aber diesen missing text nie bemerkt. Kann das von euch mal jemand testen (einfach den Installer nochmal nehmen und english als Sprache wählen und BotE in ein anderes Verzeichnis installieren und starten, dann auf Einträgen in der bote.log beim Kolonisieren achten bzw. unten links und unten rechts in den beiden Views auf Fehler achten.
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral

Beitrag von Malle »

Ein sehr schöner Feedbackreport, so einiges interessantes dabei:
pot the ferret hat geschrieben:new to this . . .
I must say I love the game - really good work
but I noticed a few gameplay issues

1. There's no reason to bombard. Playing as the Cartare Union, I like to conquer. If I bombard with warships, they always get hurt or destroyed, but if I attacked with troopships (no matter what the planetary defenses are), they always deliver all the troops and suffer no losses. It's a very easy thing to exploit.

2. After playing serveral games, some minor races don't have the population to produce their bigger ships once they're part of your empire (noticed that with the Brane and the one's that produce the vika ships). It's not all the time and you still get the weapon upgrades, but's it's a bit of a disappointment.

3. Scrapping ships can be exploited. I can scrap 30 or so pre-upgrade warships and get 77000 credits or just produce ships I can''t afford and scrap them later for alot of money. You should get something when you scrap ships, I just think you get way to much. (Same thing is true on selling resources in the end game because you have more than you can use and you get way too much for selling them.)

and a few other things that will probably be addressed but I thought I would mentioned them anyway to be on the safe side . . .

1. I've researched all the way to tech 10 and never got the awesome cartare troops I started with

2. It would be nice if I could direct intelligence operations against minor races before they become part of an empire (sabotage/steal ships, ruin relationships, etc.).

3. And I don't understand the point of monoplies. In one game I had three monoplies and a fleet that was clearly beyond my economic capacity and sometimes I would have positive credits and sometmes negative credits (I think because of monoplies). Just wanted a little clarification.

And again really loved the game . . . one of the best 4X games I've played

Pot
rainer
Vizeadmiral
Vizeadmiral

Beitrag von rainer »

auch im englischen Forum http://botf2.star-trek-games.com/viewto ... 669#p70669 wartet man auf das nächste Release...ist sich aber der Arbeit der hard working Germans friends bewußt :)
mrpp hat geschrieben:Can you pass on my best wishes and gratitude for the ongoing work to our hard working friends on the German forum.
Malle
Großadmiral
Großadmiral

Beitrag von Malle »

cabbages hat geschrieben:Hi

Some bugs / suggestion, in no particular order other than the order I remember them.
  • Note all buttons are animated (change colour when you press it)
  • Don't seem to be able to cancel a ship movement, can change desination but not cancel)
  • In the system page, the resource allacation could be fitted onto one page on larger resolution computers (saves have to keep switching)
  • Be able to continue after you've won the game.
  • Sometimes it seems no matter how much you gift a minor, there is no change in the relationship
  • There can be a infinate loop of bribe succesful and the minor resigning the membership with the major again,
  • Intercept option for fleets
  • I've had it where a major dies but they still have populated planets, these planets become un conquerable, and you cannot bombard it and colonise it neither
  • Sell option in the empire resource page, rather than having to double click to go to the system and then back to the trade page to sell
  • When a comp and human player has a ship to colonise the same planet, the computer always seem to win
  • Intel possibel targets never seem to be filled
  • Text sometimes extend pass the text box, with not auto scroll bar
  • Be nice to have the original BOTF dropdown system selector in the system page, rather than having to go to the empire page to navigate
  • Be nice to have the option of different overlay in the system page, i.e. a scanning overlay , trade overlay , defence (System is red if no defence, to blue ifs it high)
  • If you teraform a planet after its been colonize, that plannet won't be populated until you colonise it again.
  • If you build a outpost, and losing that transport mean you no longer have enough space to hold something, that something dissappear, need nice if there is a warning
  • Auto develop system option will be nice
  • Be nice to know what tech level is needed for a certain ship etc. so you can allocate research appropriately
  • When in game, in the option screem, what you select dosen't seem to get saved or affect the game
  • A food distrubtion network would be nice
  • Be nice to know what resources a minor is lacking, so you can gift it to them and have more effect than giving them something they have
All I can think of, hope this helps.

thanks
rainer
Vizeadmiral
Vizeadmiral

Beitrag von rainer »

lionheart hat im englischen Forum http://botf2.star-trek-games.com/viewto ... 484#p71484 Feedback gegeben, u.a. (mal einige Highlights herausgepickt)
..2) Upgrade-Funktion für existierende Schiffe auf neuere Technik (neuer Befehl an Schiffswerften?)
..6) Tooltip für Bauaufträge in der Warteschlange
..8 ) Möglichkeit, sofort Systeme upzugraden (wenn man bereits Typ 5 erforscht hat, dann Typ 1 direkt zu Typ 5 upgraden und die anderen Techlevels zu überspringen)
Andi47
Kapitän
Kapitän

Beitrag von Andi47 »

rainer hat geschrieben:lionheart hat im englischen Forum http://botf2.star-trek-games.com/viewto ... 484#p71484 Feedback gegeben, u.a. (mal einige Highlights herausgepickt)
..2) Upgrade-Funktion für existierende Schiffe auf neuere Technik (neuer Befehl an Schiffswerften?)
..6) Tooltip für Bauaufträge in der Warteschlange
..8 ) Möglichkeit, sofort Systeme upzugraden (wenn man bereits Typ 5 erforscht hat, dann Typ 1 direkt zu Typ 5 upgraden und die anderen Techlevels zu überspringen)
Ad 6) wäre sehr praktisch - ich hab mich schon öfters gefragt, ob für ein (Spezial-)Gebäude, das ich soeben in die Warteschlange gestellt habe, überhaupt genug Energie da ist - und da ist im Moment das Herausnehmen aus der Warteschlange (und nachträgliches wieder Aufbauen der Warteschlange, wenn mehrere Gebäude eingereiht sind) die einzige Möglichkeit. Inklusive in der darauffolgenden Runde daran denken, dass ich ja z.B. im System xy den Duraniumverteiler bauen wollte. (die Verteilergebäude sind nämlich in diesem Fall erst in der nächsten Runde wieder verfügbar)

Ad 8.) Nachteil: Upgrade von Fabrik Typ 1 direkt auf Typ 5 dauert entweder eine dreistellige Anzahl von Runden, oder muss sündteuer gekauft werden....

Edit: Da das hier der English feedback thread ist, das ganze nochmals auf englisch:

Ad 6: Yes, that would be very appreciated. It had happened to me quite a number of times that I was wondering, whether the (special) building I have just queued has got enough energy available. At the moment, removing it from the queue (and rebuilding the queue, if several buildings are queued after the building in question) is the only possibility - and with buildings like the Duranium Distributor (is this the correct translation?), you have to remember next turn, in which system you wanted to build it, hence certain buildings are only available in the following turn if you have just removed them from the queue.

Ad 8.) The disadvantage would be that - in case of upgrading your Factories from Type 1 to e.g. Type 5, you have either to wait some hundred turns or to purchase the upgrade for an enormous prize.
rainer
Vizeadmiral
Vizeadmiral

Beitrag von rainer »

Andi47 hat geschrieben:Edit: Da das hier der English feedback thread ist, das ganze nochmals auf englisch:
englisch ist hier nicht nötig - es geht hier um Feedbacks, die aus unserem englischen Forum stammen (s. meine Signatur). Und da nicht jeder das englische verfolgt, reporten wir hier manchmal darüber, damit die "nur deutschen" es auch mitkriegen :wink:
rainer
Vizeadmiral
Vizeadmiral

Beitrag von rainer »

mknote hat hier geschrieben http://botf2.star-trek-games.com/viewto ... 610#p71610 ... er will, dass Spezialforschungen nicht zufällig kommen, sondern jeder seine eigene Reihenfolge definieren/auswählen kann...ich habe ihm mal geantwortet, dass BotE ja auch nicht 100% vorausberechenbar sein soll, aber dass ich es mal hier reinstelle
mknote hat geschrieben:I'm going to list some suggestions I have for the game in this thread. At the moment, I really only have one major one:

Allow us to choose the special research field. As it stands, I always want to start out with the same special tech, which requires me to restart the game many, many times in order to get it. Some of the special techs are absolutely worthless in the beginning, while others are invaluable. Allowing people to choose which field they want to research allows for more customization of play and is, overall, a good idea.
Vuto
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Beitrag von Vuto »

Selendra hat im englischen Forum eine ganze Reihe an Bugs und Feedback gepostet. (aufgeteilt in mehrere Themen)
Da ich mich bisher nicht um Schreibrechte gekümmert habe, kann ich nicht antworten. :roll:

Vielleicht kann das einer von euch übernehmen, danke. :)

EDIT: Ok, ich wurde freigeschaltet, das ging jetzt schnell. Ihr dürft ihm/ihr aber gerne trotzdem antworten, ich weiß nicht, ob ich heute noch Zeit dazu habe.
rainer
Vizeadmiral
Vizeadmiral

Beitrag von rainer »

ich schaue es mir mal an ... das englische Forum gehört zu den Bereichen, wo ich jede Woche schaue :wink:
Antworten

Zurück zu „Feedback“