Hotkeys and adjusting to the new UI

for BotE Android (get that via Google Play Store) there's a option to get a Windows version >> here
Antworten
sweetlove
Zivilist
Zivilist
phpbb forum styles

Hotkeys and adjusting to the new UI

Beitrag von sweetlove »

Hello, apologies for posting this in English rather than German.

I have been having dififculty adjusting to the new UI for BotE Android compared to the Alpha and I was wondering if there was a list of hotkeys anywhere? I saw a few mentions of them in the changelog but could not find a more complete list anywhere.

If these is no list, could anyone tell me if there is a hotkey for switching between Galaxy/System screens at least? Double-clicking systems no longer seem serve the same purpose as before and having to click then manually switch to system view from the side is rather tedious. If not, maybe it could be made to work with right-clicking instead if double-clicking isn't possible?

Does anyone also have good tips on how to control ships? It's a bit difficult to move them right now because of the confusion of when I have a fleet selected or not -having the two main information bars on the opposite sides of the screen makes it a bit hard to tell at a glance. Could the temporary dots when moving fleets be brought back for the Windows version?

If anyone also has any other tips to help get adjusted to this version, please do share and I would be grateful.

That being said, the game overall looks great and I have to say I am very happy and grateful to see it continued to being developed.

Thanks to everyone working on it!

P.S. What do the red/green locks on the corners of the screen do?
blotunga
Flottenkapitän
Flottenkapitän

Re: Hotkeys and adjusting to the new UI

Beitrag von blotunga »

sweetlove hat geschrieben: Donnerstag 16. November 2017, 03:32 Hello, apologies for posting this in English rather than German.

I have been having dififculty adjusting to the new UI for BotE Android compared to the Alpha and I was wondering if there was a list of hotkeys anywhere? I saw a few mentions of them in the changelog but could not find a more complete list anywhere.
There is no complete list, just those in the Changelong...
sweetlove hat geschrieben: Donnerstag 16. November 2017, 03:32 If these is no list, could anyone tell me if there is a hotkey for switching between Galaxy/System screens at least? Double-clicking systems no longer seem serve the same purpose as before and having to click then manually switch to system view from the side is rather tedious. If not, maybe it could be made to work with right-clicking instead if double-clicking isn't possible?
How about middle mouse button? Edit: right button isn't a good idea because it's already used to cancel actions, using it for this also would make it inconsistent.
sweetlove hat geschrieben: Donnerstag 16. November 2017, 03:32 Does anyone also have good tips on how to control ships? It's a bit difficult to move them right now because of the confusion of when I have a fleet selected or not -having the two main information bars on the opposite sides of the screen makes it a bit hard to tell at a glance. Could the temporary dots when moving fleets be brought back for the Windows version?
When the rectangle is red, a ship is selected. Also there are green arrows now if the ship is selected, blue if not. The arrows I think are more elegant than the dots. See attached image.
sweetlove hat geschrieben: Donnerstag 16. November 2017, 03:32 If anyone also has any other tips to help get adjusted to this version, please do share and I would be grateful.

That being said, the game overall looks great and I have to say I am very happy and grateful to see it continued to being developed.

Thanks to everyone working on it!

P.S. What do the red/green locks on the corners of the screen do?
They lock/unlock zooming and moving of the interface elements (disables scrolling and swiping on android also).
Dateianhänge
move.png
Antworten

Zurück zu „BotE Android (Windows version)“